Since I started selling my finished products, I've found it hard to come up with a price. I have been surfing the web for weeks trying to find the right solution for me. So far I check to see what the item I've made is going for on ETSY, and what I think would be fair. While other times I take the cost of materials and multiply by 2. Although if I want to make profit from this I really need set prices.
How do you figure your prices?
My sales prices vary, depending on where I am selling. Especially in this time of financial problems for so many. With large items I also use the "yarn X 2" or "yarn X 3" way of pricing. With smaller, and/or complex items, I usually do a bit of research on the web to see what others are selling for. Mostly though, it depends on your market, so it's really hard to have a set rule to cover all.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete